It is always a nightmare to keep working with username / password / tokens with different dev orgs or sandboxes.
– Keeping eye on different username / passwords for dev orgs and sandboxes
– Giving Access to your sandbox / dev org to others
– White listing the IPs to avoid tokens being asked
– Sandbox Refresh – changing email and verification
– Scripts to reset passwords or profiles or emails, etc.
I believe Environment Hub is quite sleek solution.
Install Environment Hub Application
- You will need to contact customer support to have that App installed
- In case of production org (non ISV), it should be installed in production org
- for ISV, it is more flexible, but prefer to be at same place as LMA org
- Select Environment Hub App
- Add Environment Hub tab
- In case of production org, all sandboxes should be auto discovered
- In case of ISV, we might want to register different Developer org to Environment hub
- We should give all users who need to use Environment Hub, appropriate access to their profile
- Manage Environment Hub
- Connect Organization to Environment Hub
- Sandboxes are auto discovered by Environment Hub
- We should enable the SSO on it
- Once SSO is enabled, it is required to refresh this sandbox
- Once that is done, any production user (with Connect Organization permission) will be able to login to that org!
- No more email reset, password rest, white listing IP, …
- We can connect any dev org to Environment Hub
- We should enable SSO on it
- Now there are 3 different method to map Environment Hub user to Dev org
- User name mapping – we can map the user name from Env hub to Dev org – manually
- Federation Id : in case of SSO, as long as federation id matches between dev org and env hub org
- User name formula field – apply the user name formula field so that env hub user can be converted to one of the Dev org user